Sally & Mike Rose – Pottersbury7th April 2015
Sally & Mike Rose
6th March 2009
To whom it may concern
G. Cunningham & Son – first floor extension
We engaged Gary and his team in the winter of 2008 to extend the first floor space above our double garage to create a large family room and study. The project also included creating a new bathroom and changes to the layout of the other rooms. We would whole heartedly recommend him to others. Why?
• He is a very experienced builder who knows what he is talking about
• We were shown a full portfolio of previous work he had completed
• His quotation was competitive
• He used a great team of tradesmen who were friendly and professional
• He managed our expectations well, and kept us informed of what was happening at all times
• Where necessary, he set out the various options we had, and if we encountered a problem he took a pragmatic, ‘can do’ approach
• He kept to the agreed timescales throughout the project and finished a week ahead of schedule
• He kept to the agreed budget – the only additional cost was for extra electrical sockets we asked for
• He fully understood that “time is money” and expertly scheduled the arrival of materials and tradesmen to site to keep the project on track
• It was very important to us that the build respected the character of the house and blended with the existing stone, brick and slate. Gary was very careful to ensure that materials matched as closely as possible
• He understood our family needs, was respectful of our home, and looked after our safety
• The quality of workmanship was high and the end result is a great space which we love
We would recommend that anyone starting a building project puts together a detailed specification – we did, and this ensured that all the quotations we received were on the same basis, and that there was no uncertainty during the build.
We are currently starting to think about our next project, and we will definitely be talking to Gary.
Sally & Mike Rose